Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Getaway!
On Thursday, Andy and I went to Asheville, North Carolina to a spa resort. We had so much fun. It was so relaxing to just sit and read. Asheville is such a beautiful place this time of year. One day we drove up Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway to look over the beautiful mountains. The trees are just starting to change colors and it is BEAUTIFUL!



This is the view from our hotel room! Isn't it beautiful?

This is inside the spa. It is so relaxing in there.


They have these huge fireplaces in the lobby of the hotel. (I don't know if you can really tell how big these really are but you can stand in them) They have rocking chairs in front of them that make you want to sit there forever, if you are lucky enough to get one. Lucky for me we went some friends and she doesn't mind asking people if they are about to leave or if they could move down some, so that Andy and I could enjoy sitting in front of the first fire of the season.



We had such a great long weekend. I have to admit though- it wasn't my idea to go. Andy planned it and actually had to convince me to go. A couple of weeks before I started getting very excited though. Drew had really started being a mess and into everything so I was needing a little break. One day when I was with my mom and Alicia, I mentioned how excited I was about going and Alicia asked my mom if I was coming back!
I am very lucky to have a husband that knows it is important for us to do things like this and works so hard to do it.

I also have to thank my parents for watching the kids for us. They planned fun things for them to do while we were gone. So they had a great fall break!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm jealous!! How fun, it looks beautiful

leahduke said...

That place is beautiful!! Looks like so much fun. I am so jealous. I showed Ross the pics (I was just giving him some ideas).